Tripadvisor & Weather
Forecast Siem Reap
Photo GalleryView more gallery
KULEN MOUNTAIN ( KC-W 001)
Duration: ONE DAY
Duration: ONE DAY
Price From: US$ 135.00 Book Now
Phnom Kulen National Park
Kunlen mount is situated at north east of Angkor Complex about 55 Km, it takes approximately 2 hours drive up to the hill top with 487 meters height and plateau stretches 49 km long, it is opened for tourists in 1999 by private owned . The company developed road up to the peak. It is only possible to go up before 11 Am and only possible to come down after midday, to avoid vehicles meeting on the narrow road.
Kulen is considered by Khmers to be the most sacred mountain in Cambodia and it is a popular place for domestic visitors during weekends and festivals. The hill is used as the ancient capital city by king Jayavaraman II in AD 802 to declared himself as god king and announced independence from Java, then giving birth to present day Cambodia.
On the hilltop there are 56 Angkorian temples made of bricks and volcanic stones, but most of them are badly in poor condition, today name Hahendrapura, founded in the reign of King Jayavarman temple base only is remain intact.
The visible sites in modern day are Prasat krau Romeas, Rong Chen ( the first mountain temple), Sra Damrei ( Elephant pond), Thousands of phallic symbols carved a long liver bed and divided in three ports for the Hindu trinity gods. These three ports used for baptistery. At the summit of the hill you can see Buddhist pagoda and a large reclining Buddha statue 8 meters length carved into a sandstone bock in 16th century.
The last attractive spot is a waterfall, it splits in two spots the first waterfall is four or five meters heights and 20 to 25 diameters in dry and raining seasons. The second waterfall is 15 to 20 meters heights and 10 to 15 diameters in dry and raining seasons.
The water is considered holy and Khmers like to bottle it to take home with them. The source of water eventually flows in to Tonle Sap Lake and is thought to bless the water ways of Cambodia.
End of Services:
- Pass: 20 USD per person (pay by your own account)
- Transportation +Tour Guide : 135.00 USD (Max 03 Passengers)
- Mini-van (4-8 pax) + Tour Guide : 165.00 USD
Term & Condition:
- Please advice us the flight detail
- Send us the 30% deposit for secure the reservation via our bank account
- Cancellation with 48 hours before the arrival, otherwise the cancellation or no-show fee will be apply
- Including pick from airport in the package tour
- The tour is also included Cool drinking water and towers.
- Boat Ticket for Floating Village, you pay by your own.
- Tip: it is not included but it depends on your kindness for guide and driver.
Tour Price Exclusive of:
- Accommodation, please Contact Us
- Services and meals not mentioned
- Cambodia visa
- International and additional domestic flights include taxes
- Drinks, laundry, telephone calls, tips … and expenditure of a personal nature
- Travel insurance
Creating Unique Touring Experiences
Our expert travel team has planned your trip so that you can experience the very best of what Cambodia has to offer. We understand that many will have various needs and wants for each particular tour that may not be included in an itinerary. We will plan any tour to meet your particular demands. Please inquire